A6: Laster Cut Sample

Kill Two Birds With One Stone

I've ever been influenced by Mondrian's paintings. In his eyes, everything could be reduced to the horizontal and vertical lines; all colors are red, yellow and blue. His magical ability to simplify things fascinated me!


Inspired by Composition II in Red, Blue, and Yellow, I created a bold design (blog 2), and what you see here is my first product.

However, I need to break the rules again, and I muttered to myself,“一生二,二生三,三生万物。”( “One is the child of the divine law. After one come two, after two come three, after three come all thing” ). It’s an important thought of Chinese traditional culture.

The red line will be cut by a laser, producing two objects at once. I want to see the actual effect before laser cutting.

The left image will be a coaster and the right image a bookmark. I hope they are wood.

Clearly, the negative space is crucial here. The piece will become one of my typical works. 

       PS: I was absent from this class, thanks to Bryan for his after-class tutoring.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A4: 2D Surface Design

A 10: Reverse Eng. Object: HD Render and Exploded View

A11: 3D-PrintableChess Set